Congratulations on making a decision to apply to AUA Data Science Summer School 2019! Please read these instructions in full as they will help to ensure you submit a complete application. If you have a question about the online application, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or +374 60 61 26 32 to set up a personal advising session.
The summer school applicants should agree to the terms of service listed below.
Terms of admission
- To apply for the summer school fill out the application form.
- Сandidates provide actual and accurate information about themselves with the correct contact information.
- Selection of participants is based on the following criteria:
- the candidate’s motivation to learn Data Science;
- presence of previous experience in Data Science;
- proficiency in English as all lectures are in English.
- Application deadline is May 10. The shortlisted applicants will be contacted by May 21.
- The organizers might contact candidates additionally in order to clarify their skills and knowledge.
- While submitting an application, candidates should be familiar with all the requirements of the courses and take responsibility for self-preparation and training.
- In order to qualify the proper candidates, the organizers might ask the applicants to complete a test, provide a certificate, or other proof of knowledge.
Students in Armenia
$250 ≈ 125,000 AMD
Professionals in Armenia
$350 ≈ 175,000 AMD
International students and professionals
$450 ≈ 225,000 AMD
The participation fees are presented in the table below. The bank will charge the equivalent of the mentioned amount of AMD based on the exchange rate of the day. Please note that the participation fee does not include accommodation or meals. To get advice on accommodation or inquire about available discounts and scholarships, please contact us
Current enrolled AUA students will receive a discount of 32% (equivalent of 40,000AMD) from the price mentioned in the table.
AUA alumni will receive a discount of 28% (equivalent of 50,000AMD) from the price mentioned in the table.
Participation fee payment
- Approved candidates must pay the School’s tuition fee during the period of time set by the organizers.
- Organizers prepare formal agreements with the participants to deliver educational services. The agreement is signed during the first days of the School.
- A preliminary e-copy of the agreement is provided to the participant after the acceptance to the School.
Cancellation and refund of the participation fee
- Accepted participants may refuse the participation at the school without losing the paid amount (excluding bank service commission) by notifying the organizing committee of their decision no later than June 1.
- In the case of cancellation later than June 1, the organizers will charge a commission up to 50% of the participation fee.
APPLICATION: Make sure you answer all questions thoroughly. Questions marked with an * are mandatory. Once you submit your application, you will be unable to make any additions or changes. Make sure you are aware of the Participation fees:
The bank will charge the equivalent of the mentioned amount of AMD based on the exchange rate of the day. Please note that the participation fee does not include accommodation or meals. To get advice on accommodation or inquire about available discounts and scholarships, please contact us
APPLICATION NOTIFICATION: Because admission to AUA is competitive, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible and well before the published deadline dates. Admission decisions are sent via email to applicants who submit complete applications up to two weeks after the deadline date to which they applied.
There is no separate APPLICATION FEE entitled to the application process.
IMPORTANT: Check your email often. We use email as a means of communication to address any questions regarding your application form and also to communicate admission decisions. Any delays from your end may result in moving your application to the next available deadline or marking it as ineligible if there are no remaining deadlines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The American University of Armenia is open to all academically qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, disability, or national origin. For more information, please review our non-discrimination policy.